[Asterisk-Users] SIP outbound dialing -- newbie alert.

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Sun Oct 17 16:59:45 MST 2004

Hey, all.  I've got a TDM400 with one each of FXO and FXS (currently
unused) modules.  I've also got a BudgeTone 101.  The SIP side works
fine (I can call myself, get dumped to voicemail, etc.), but I haven't
yet figured out how to configure the FXO side of things -- leastwise,
not properly.  I read (for example) the Digium Asterisk guide, as well
as the pretty good writeup on Onlamp -- but neither has a really
dumb-as-dirt(tm) super-simple configuration.  In other words, I'm
looking for sample zaptel.conf, zapata.conf, and extensions.conf files
that are INCREDIBLY simple, allowing outbound (and maybe even inbound
;-) calls, so I can get something working, and build from there.  Any
suggestions?  If it means I need to go over docs I've already read,
that's fine, but I'm pretty confused right now...

Thanks,

- Ken D'Ambrosio