[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk for a VOIP Provider?

mylist at lightwavetech.com mylist at lightwavetech.com
Sun Oct 17 13:14:20 MST 2004

Is it practical to use Asterisk as the basis for a VOIP provider service?

What I am saying is that we want to start a VOIP service offering including
possibly terminating/originating some of our own traffic at some point as we
grow.

How many simultaneous end users (single line) should we expect to service
with say one Asterisk box with say 1 T1 for data, hardware would be 2.4 ghz
or so with a gig of ram. We would be using sip or Iax adapters (which would
be better bandwidth wise) if that helps.

Just trying to get an idea of what sort of resources we need to get
ourselves rolling.

Lastly, this is allowed within the license of Asterisk right?

Thanks,

  Todd Routhier

  Lightwave Technologies, LLC.

--