[Asterisk-Users] Attempting native bridge .......

Chad Scott chad at idworld.net
Sat Oct 16 21:38:52 MST 2004

The audio is carried on two RTP streams: one for each direction.  Is it
possible those streams are being blocked by a firewall or something of
the sort?

The "attempting native bridge" message means that Asterisk is bridging
the two calls together without doing any codec translation... uLaw to
uLaw, for instance.

If the two phones were using "reinvite" you wouldn't see this message
because there would be nothing for Asterisk to bridge: the two phones
are chatting to one another.