[Asterisk-Users] Anyone using stanaphone? Having small problem

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Sat Oct 16 14:54:27 MST 2004

> I can't seem to keep my Asterisk box registered with stanaphone for
> inbound calls. It works for about 5 minutes after a restart or reload,
> then calls to my Stanaphone number say I'm unavailable. I can't really
> blaim their end because if I configure my Sipura 2000 to talk directly to
> them, things work fine.
>
> register => number:password at sip.stanaphone.com

Try adding your DDI number to the end of the register:

    register => NUMBER:PASSWORD at sip.stanaphone.com/NUMBER

> [stanaphone]
> fromdomain=sip.stanaphone.com
> fromuser=NUMBER
> type=peer
> secret=PASSWORD
> auth=MD5
> username=NUMBER
> host=sip.stanaphone.com
> qualify=yes
> dtmfmode=info
> context=fromstanaphone
> canreinvite=no
> disallow=all
> insecure=very
> allow=ulaw
> allow=ilbc
>
> Everything works, for 5 minutes, then poof, no inbound calls.
> sip show registry still shows it registered.

The following works for me.  I only have a lazy "friend" setup for
StanaPhone, but it could easily be modified if extra flexibility was
required on that connection for some reason:

    [stanaphone]
    type = friend
    context = incoming-stanaphone
    host = sip.stanaphone.com