[Asterisk-Users] FXO vs FXS question

Andres Tello Abrego criptos at aullox.com
Sat Oct 16 10:17:07 MST 2004

The way I explain the difference between fxo and fxs, is electrically...

The telco lines, PROVIDES voltage and current to makes the telephone
ring, so the FXO is a device, adapted to recive this voltage an current.

The phone, NEEDS voltage and current, to ring, so the FXS is a device,
adapted to provide this voltage and current.

So, if you plug an FXS to a Telco Line, both equiments PROVIDE voltage
and current, so... what you have? Sparks and a short cut, and at least
like 75usd of the fxs module or even worst, like 100usd for iaxy or fxs
card :(