[Asterisk-Users] Going to voicemail on noanswer

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Sat Oct 16 09:07:53 MST 2004

Jerry Geis wrote:

> I am not having any luck getting a NOANSWER call to go to voicemail.
> If I set a timeout time on the Dial command I can get the "t" for
> timeout to work.
> I let the call ring 20 times and it continues to ring it doesnot go to
> the +101 priority.
>
> Where is the setting that controls number of rings noanswer or why might
> the call just be ringing and never going to the next state?
>
> thanks,
>
> Jerry

To my knowledge you have to put a Goto after your dial command:

exten => s,1,Dial(IAX2/username,20,mt)
exten => s,2,Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS},1)

exten => s-NOANSWER,1,Voicemail(umailbox)
exten => s-NOANSWER,2,Hangup

exten => s-BUSY,1,Voicemail(bmailbox)
exten => s-BUSY,2,Hangup

exten => s-CHANUNAVAIL,1,Goto(s-NOANSWER,1)

exten => s-.,1,Goto(s-NOANSWER,1)

Hope this helps.

--
Kristian Kielhofner