[Asterisk-Users] T100P Frame Errors

Cirelle Enterprises gcirino at cirelle.com
Sat Oct 16 05:52:12 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cirelle Enterprises" <gcirino at cirelle.com>
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2004 4:58 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] T100P Frame Errors

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Critchfield" <critch at basesys.com>
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2004 2:34 PM

| On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 14:25 -0400, Cirelle Enterprises wrote:
| > I have been messing with the T100P card with and without data
| > for over a week now, and still to no avail.
| >
| > Just got off the phone with our T1 provider to make sure our settings
| > were correct for the T1 in zaptel.
| >
| > zaptel.conf:
| > span=0,1,0,esf,b8zs
|
| Spans are 1 based, not zero.
| span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
|
| > nethdlc=1-20
| > fxsks=21-28
| > loadzone = us
| > defaultzone=us
|
| --
| Steven Critchfield <critch at basesys.com>

>>I thought they were, but it doesn't make a difference, 0,1,2, etc...

>>the result is the same.

>>Greg

To clear up this issue so the next person who might do a search on T100P Frame Errors
or T100P Framing Errors or RX frame errors will find at least this result.

assuming you have your coding and framing set right for your T1 circuit, in my case it is esf/b8zs
as reported by my provider (sprint) and you are still getting framing errors on the RX side of your
T100P/ HDLC config, (ifconfig example)

hdlc0     Link encap:(Cisco)-HDLC
          inet addr:160.81.118.46  P-t-P:160.81.118.45  Mask:255.255.255.252
          UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:10
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:8766 (8.5 Kb)

(my provider support indicated the transmit signal may not be strong enough to provide
signal for the return trip and suggested I adjust the LBO parameter on the device. he suggested
contacting my local loop provider for that information, but from past experience, I'd still be on hold).

Upon his advice I did try adjusting the LBO parameter.

Try adjusting the LBO (line build-out) parameter of your span line in your zaptel.conf file.
span=1,1,X,esf,b8zs (noted by the X)

after some testing, i found setting the X parameter (LBO) to 5 for -7.5db I had completely
eliminated the framing errors noted above.

for the record my config:
pentium 4 3GHz P4SPA+ motherboard
digium T100P in a non-shared PCI slot
standard ethernet cable
HyperEdge Smart Jack DTWA 528-02 (using single channel)
provided by verizon
T1 1.5 full 24 channel
T1 service provided by sprint

I still have routing issues with the T100P but the frame errors are gone

Best Regards
Greg