[Asterisk-Users] Japanese Translation of Asterisk?

Sat Oct 16 01:10:44 MST 2004

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 16:04:18 +0900, Memo Memo <memo.memo at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am a software engineer working for a small firm in Tokyo.
> I found Asterisk to be very very intersting.
>
> I am looking for Japanese translation sites or web pages or
> documents.but could not find any.
>
> I am planning to use Asterisk on my project, and was thinking if there
> are not translation available, I might work on it during my free time
> while using Asterisk on my project.

Through a lucky coincidence, we delivered an Asterisk PBX to a
Japanese company which helps other companies to obtain government
loans and grants and they suggested to us to team up and participate
in an open-source development grant program run by the Japanese
government with the aim to "further the adoption and use of open
source software in Japan".

Part of the proposal for which we have submitted an application is
Japanese documentation, both user and developer documentation. We will
know the outcome by December 1st, so with a bit of luck there will be
funding for Japanese documentation on Asterisk by the end of this
year.

Some of the work will be outsourced to freelancers, so you may want to
get in touch off-list.

We have also got an *informal* Japan Asterisk Users' Group going,
meeting up once or twice every quarter in a pub here in Tokyo. Last
time five people attended. If you let me have your contact details,
I'll let you know when the next meeting is coming up and you can join
us.

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.