[Asterisk-Users] Simple phone question

Jonathan Miller webmaster at accs.net
Fri Oct 15 17:38:44 MST 2004

Okay, so I've got my "proof-of-concept" system working with soft SIP phones
(SJlabs).  Now, if I want to buy hard phones, what do I use?  We have 8
lines coming in to our building and we plan to use all 8.  Do we need 8-line
phones to use all 8 lines?  If I have a multiline phone, will the different
lines flash when there is an incoming call?  If so, how is this
configured/controlled in asterisk?  Just trying to figure this stuff out.
Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks again
asterisk!

Jonathan Miller