[Asterisk-Users] Using my GrandStream remotely

Mark Phillips kc2eni at nyc-ares.org
Fri Oct 15 13:20:06 MST 2004

I do this with my dad. He's in the UK and I'm in the US.

Set up your Grandstream as normal but use a service such as DynDNS to
convert your ip into a name (assuming you have a dynamic ip).

Then modify your sip.conf to include nat=yes in the bit that deals with
your GS phone.

Thassit!!

I used mine in various hotels and exhibition halls before I sent it to
my dad. He just plugged it into his linksys firewall and it went.

Don;t forget to make sure that you have port 5060 and 10000-10100
pointed at your * machine.

Mark

On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 15:39, Ferguson, Michael wrote:
> G'Day All,
>
> I have a GS Budge Tone-100 on my LAN behind a firewall.
> What settings, on the IP Phone and on the * server, do I have to
> configure so I can use the IP Phone at some other location with a
> broadband connection?
>
> Thanks for your assistance.
>
> Ferg.

Mark Phillips, G7LTT/KC2ENI