[Asterisk-Users] Prerelease of DIAX 0.9.9a

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Fri Oct 15 12:01:40 MST 2004

Brian West wrote:

>Anyway we could talk you into releasing the source?  I would love to see
>wider codec support. And the ability to launch the URL sent with the IAX
>call.

Brian,

    The codec stuff I did, and the source is all available at
iaxclient.sf.net.  Afaik, all the existing IAX softphones use iaxclient
except for firefly [and maybe this new one I heard about].  Iaxclient is
LGPL.

    I just made the codec system modular, so writing your own codec
driver now takes about an hour.   Already included are GSM, uLaw, speex,
and ilbc.  I was going to add lpc-10 yesterday, but it seems that it's a
bit of a PITA to do without copying from asterisk's lpc10 driver
implementation (which is GPL).

    I'm actually planning on adding the speex settings stuff in an API
as well..

-SteveK