[Asterisk-Users] New asterisk user question

Michał Nasiadka mnasiadka at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 11:40:37 MST 2004

Hi,
I'm going to setup asterisk as a voip gateway for remote internet
users. I'm going to use cisco 2600 for it with E1 interface cards. And
I have a few questions.
1. My provider will provide me with a couple of real phone numbers
(MSN it's called iirc), is there a way to assign these numbers to voip
clients (preferably ip phones)? I mean, will it be possible to dial in
to these users?
2. Has anybody been running asterisk on FreeBSD/Linux on a smp amd64
server? Does an asterisk server do a heavy load?
3. Can anybody propose ip phones cheaper than cisco's or avaya's ones?
--
Michał Nasiadka
mnasiadka at gmail.com