[Asterisk-Users] FXS port to use an Analog phone as a door phone.

Ariel's Hotmail arielb27 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 15 10:27:18 MST 2004

Hello all. I have a problem which I do not find a solution to. I need to
have a Plain jane analog phone when you pick it up With you dialing any
numbers (Dial Pad is broken) it dials automatically for you. This is going
to be for a door phone. Or in another case it's for a phone in an elevator.
Remember there not plugged into an FXO but normal FXS ports.

I have put the zap port context like this. But it does not work.

[door]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Dial(Zap/2)
exten => s,3,Hangup

In the context for Zapata.conf

signaling=fxo_ks
Context=door
immediate=yes
Channel=1

Does anyone have any idea?

Ariel Batista
Kasi International - Computer Networking
Ph: 305-574-6721x121
Fx: 305-574-0212