[Asterisk-Users] Zap Channel wait for #

Christopher Jacob chris at jacob-solutions.com
Fri Oct 15 09:50:39 MST 2004

>Message: 6
>Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 08:29:01 -0700
>From: Chad Scott <chad at idworld.net>
>Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Zap Channel wait for #
>	<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>

>Does the option A(filename) not work for you?

The A(filename) option will not fire until after the called party presses #.
When they first answer the call they only get silence... I have a "find me"
routine that I use but I forward the call with the original caller ID. There
are two reasons why I want to use this option... One is to let the called
party know that this call is coming via asterisk and the other is to prevent
voicemail from grabbing the call before I have a chance to pull it back and
move on to the next step.

~c