[Asterisk-Users] FireFly w/ SIP

Willem de Groot willem at byte.nl
Fri Oct 15 04:06:17 MST 2004

Is anyone succesfully using FireFly-Thirdparty in SIP modus with Asterisk?

It works in IAX mode, but in SIP mode I am unable to hear anything (no
dialtone, no voice). I am able to setup a conversation with another SIP
phone though (Xlite, Grandstream) and the other side can hear the
FireFly user just fine (both sides using g711u).

I tried different PC's with different audio hardware. They all work fine
using FireFly in IAX mode and using other softphones, so I guess it must
be related so FireFly in SIP mode.

This is my SIP config:

[201]
type=friend
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=sip
canreinvite=yes

FireFly is also configured for rfc2833 dtmf.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Willem