[Asterisk-Users] Dialogic D/300JCT-E1 support

David Zanetti david.zanetti at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Oct 14 18:01:28 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 13:16, Steven Critchfield wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 10:47 +1300, David Zanetti wrote:
> > Mailing list searches suggest I need to purchase a channel driver from
> > Digium, but no obvious link to such a driver seems to be on the
> > website.. Hopefully it doesn't require binary-only kernel code, it could
> > be a bit painfull.. :|
>
> I think you will be in a binary only kernel module just to use the
> dialogic card under linux. You have to contact Digium by phone to see
> about purchaseing the channel driver. I don't think it is binary only,
> but wouldn't surprise me.

Right, I shall give them a call then.

> You would do well to ebay the card if you don't otherwise need it and
> then buy a Digium card.

Alas, the Digium cards (which I have used and are great) do not carry a
TelePermit for New Zealand - it's illegal to connect them to the PSTN
here. Until the Digium cards are made legal, I have to look at
alternatives :(

--
David Zanetti <david.zanetti at catalyst.net.nz>
Team Leader, Systems Administration