[Asterisk-Users] E911 support

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Thu Oct 14 13:16:09 MST 2004

Here in Illinois, the requirement depends on the number of buildings and
square footage of facility.  But at one client, they had to do it.

It was done via DID's.  Each extension was assigned a DID number and we had
to switch to a ISDN PRI circuit(they had a channelized T1 previously).  The
phone company then provides a method to map the DID number to the physical
location information for the extension that placed the call.  And that
information is stored off site by the phone company in a database desigened
exclusively for E991 use and not in the pbx.

I was not involved in programing the PBX(wasn't an *), but was involved in
with the vendor implementing this change.

Lyle