[Asterisk-Users] searching for a nifty solution for different outgoing msn depending on the sip-user

Timothy Costello tim at cteusa.com
Thu Oct 14 11:25:16 MST 2004

On Oct 14, 2004, at 12:03 PM, Frank Sautter wrote:
> our asterisk server is currently connected via 4 isdn trunks to our
> main pbx using it as a voip gateway for homeworkers.
>
> currently this is the dial command for outgoing calls
>    exten => _., 1, Dial,CAPI/141:${EXTEN}
>
> what i like to do, is giving each sip-user a different outgoing msn
> (the 141 in the example above).
>
> the only solution i found, is to put each user into a different
> context, but this leads to a very complex and error-prone
> extentions.conf.
>

> is there a niftier solution?

Well I'm not sure it's niftier but how about:

exten => _.,1,SetVar(MSN=${CALLERID:7:3})
exten => _.,2, Dial,CAPI/${MSN}:${EXTEN}

Assuming that the 3 least significant digits of their callerid (from
sip.conf) is equal to the MSN you want. If not use a database get keyed
by thier sip callerid...

Just an idea...

Later;
Tim