[Asterisk-Users] Distinctive Ringing for SipToneII

Yiannis Costopoulos lists at w2ns.com
Thu Oct 14 10:24:22 MST 2004

Hi,

	I have a couple of IpDialog SipToneII phones and although I understood that
they had a choice of 5 ringtones, it turns out that it is Distinctive
Ringing. I contacted IpDialog support and sent me this.

---snip--------------
The phones you have support 5 different ringtones and 4 call waiting
tones.  You do not need new firmware.  Please see attached document.
The phone will ring differently depending on the contents of the
Alert-Info header sent to the phone in the SIP INVITE.  Some have used
this feature on our phone to create two virtual lines on the phone.  If
you create two aliases (phone numbers) for the same phone in your PBX,
and send a different Alert-Info header for each phone number, the phone
will ring differently for each "line."  Here's an example of how to use
Alert-Info:

INVITE sip:nobody at 192.68.202.129 SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.68.202.101:5065