[Asterisk-Users] Re: Advice on OS Choice

David McNett nugget at slacker.com
Thu Oct 14 10:19:13 MST 2004

On 14-Oct-2004, Stephen R. Besch wrote:
> My understanding is that if you don't ask for or need support, RedHat
> (and the other distro's as well) can be downloaded and installed for free.
> Am I wrong about this? Isn't that the whole point of the GPL on linux?

No, it is a violation of the EULA on RedHat's server products to run them
without having purchased a support agreement.  It is not permitted to obtain
or run RedHat Enterprise Linux without having paid for it.

I'm not sure how they get away with this practice on GPL'd code, but they
do.

--
David McNett <nugget at slacker.com>
http://slacker.com/~nugget/