[Asterisk-Users] DND on SIP

Joseph tech at ekn.com
Thu Oct 14 07:57:15 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 10:13, Eric Wieling wrote:
> Joseph wrote:
>
> >>exten => _XX09,1,GoToIf($[X${RDNIS} != X]?${EXTEN},4)
>
> > Could you show me the part that dials the extension in this case?
>
> If RDNIS is set (which is the case if DND is on in the Cisco) then the
> RDNIS variable will not be empty therefore we can test to see if the
> RDNIS variable is empty or not and do different things based on that
> informtion.
>
> WHAT you do with that information is up to you.

I see, I think it is coming together.
There was a priority mistake in that I had 103 instead of 102 as the
failed priority.
This works much better.

However, I still have a question... With this format, DND on the
phone sends it to the voicemail busy message. But a call comes and user
is on the phone. The expected behaviour is that the caller should get
the busy message, but is getting the unavailable message.

Is there a way to detect that the caller is on the phone
without using the setgroup, checkgroup thing and send the call
to the b message if they are on the phone?

Actually, I thot that already worked with the 101+ feature.

Current sample updated to work with DND:

   exten => 14,1,Dial(SIP/14,25,t)
   exten => 14,2,Voicemail(u14)
   exten => 14,3,Hangup
   exten => 14,102,Voicemail(b14)