[Asterisk-Users] restricting access to outside calls

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Wed Oct 13 23:58:34 MST 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Ed DeHart wrote:

> When you call my system your call is handled by the auto
> attendant.  It works fine with one little problem.  In addition
> to being able to dial any extension during the announcement, you
> can dial a telephone number.  The system will bridge the Zap
> channel I call in on with another Zap channel and dial the number.
> This allows anyone in the world to make calls to anywhere in the
> world via my system.
>
> While this is fine for extensions logged into my system.  It
> is not good to allow unknown users to make calls via my system.
> How can I restrict access to connected users only?

Hi,

What did you say your phone number was, again? ;-)

You need to make sure that your inbound calls from the PSTN are handled in
a different context which does not have the exten patterns that allow
dialling out.

The extensions.conf.sample shows the idea, but something like:

[dialout]
; here are the rules for dialling out, eg:
exten => _XXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/....)

[extens]
; here are your extensions

[incomingcalls]
; here is where the incoming calls go
include => extens
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Background(press-1-for-sales-etc)

[localusers]
; this is the context used for local phones or others that we allow to
; cost us money
include => extens
include => dialout

You set the right context for the inbound interfaces and local
interfaces in zapata.conf or sip.conf etc if they are not zap/ itnerfaces.

Hope this helps!
Steve