[Asterisk-Users] Least Cost Routing

Duane duane at e164.org
Wed Oct 13 17:44:42 MST 2004

Matthew Boehm wrote:

> If any others are successfully using another Least Cost Routing method,
> please pass it along.

For simple things you can slightly hard code it into the dialing plan in
asterisk, for example in mine I have asterisk setup to check e164.org
then goes to a cheap voip provider and failing that goes to pstn.

Larger scale I'd probably go with an AGI script load all
routes/providers into a database and then have the AGI script pull all
providers for a route out of the database in order of cost and loop
through them till a call succeeded...

If you need it to scale better you'd probably have to resort to writing
an app in c, then sending the call into that.

--

Best regards,
  Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"I do not try to dance better than anyone else.
	I only try to dance better than myself."