[Asterisk-Users] spandsp-0.0.2 configure problem

bdolljr at bigskytech.com bdolljr at bigskytech.com
Wed Oct 13 14:13:12 MST 2004

Hi,

I'm having trouble running ./configure when trying to build spandsp-0.0.2.
I was able to configure and build spandsp-0.0.1 just fine.  Obviously, I'm
missing something simple, however, I just can't figure out what it is.
Maybe I'm missing some package I'm not aware of?

Here is the error from ./configure

   checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
   configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
   See `config.log' for more details.

I verified that /lib/cpp is a link to /usr/bin/cpp which does exist and
run.

Here are the lines around the first error in config.log

   configure:2594: checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C
   configure:2664: gcc  -c -g -O2  conftest.c >&5
   configure:2670: $? = 0
   configure:2674: test -z
                            || test ! -s conftest.err
   configure:2677: $? = 0
   configure:2680: test -s conftest.o
   configure:2683: $? = 0
   configure:2701: result: none needed
   configure:2719: gcc -c -g -O2  conftest.c >&5
   conftest.c:2: error: syntax error before "me"
   configure:2725: $? = 1
   configure: failed program was:
   | #ifndef __cplusplus
   |   choke me