[Asterisk-Users] DND on SIP

Christopher Jacob chris at jacob-solutions.com
Wed Oct 13 11:53:12 MST 2004

Hey All,

I have a 2 tier Asterisk system that looks like this...

PRI -> Remote * -> IAX -> Local * -> Local SIP Users

	Remote Sip Users

If someone calls a DID we ring (at the same time)
The users Remote SIP (SIP/1234)
The users Remote SIP (IAX/1234)
And a cell phone (ZAP/3015551234)

The above works fine, but I have been trying to do some tweaks that I can't
seem to get...

90% of our SIP users are soft phone, so the above is fine for them. However,
we have a group of users who are Cisco 7960G when local and softphone when
remote. In that scenario, the Cisco is always present and logged in, so
always rings.

Here is what I would like to do, all ideas and comments are welcome...

When the Cisco user is in the office he/she can hit a button on the 7960
that toggles in/out. (It has been requested that this be a "one touch"
option, or in other words not buried 2 or 3 levels deep)

When a DID is dialed, we check the status of the toggle state.

If they are "in" we ring the phone for 20 seconds, if they don't answer we
continue the dial plan. (remote SIP followed by cell) at the same time, we
toggle them to away so it doesn't happen again the next time.

If they are "out" we just jump to the next step (remote sip followed by
cell)

Am I missing something really simple? I have been and will continue to
wander google and voip-info, but any experience anyone has is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris