[Asterisk-Users] Telco POTS -> FXO ?

Neil Cherry ncherry at comcast.net
Wed Oct 13 09:21:56 MST 2004

Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) wrote:
> Correct. Line as in "Wall Jack" not as in "Phone". You have to connect
> your FXO card with a RJ11 cable between your telephone wall socket and
> the RJ11 Port in the FXO card.

OK good, I think I have an FXO card (the wcfxo module installs and
ztcfg -vv gives no errors with this one). The reason I'm so confused
is that without asterisk running, only wcfxo, zaptel and crc_ccitt
insmod'd, I can pick up the pots line phone (on the phone jack and
telco pots line on wall/line) and I hear tone (not the telco tone
or at least tone riding on the telco tone). When I dial a phone
(w/CID unit, not on asterisk) I get a busy tone and a ringing!.
Eventually I get the answering machine and the busy signal.

OK, I found the problem! The card must be bad, maybe the pair
is reversed. When I power down the server (power off, ac cable
disconnected) I still get the tone! I've had enough of this I
think I'll get another card maybe the TDM400P and an FXO to start
with. ARGH!

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               (Text only)
http://hcs.sourceforge.net/                     (HCS II)