[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk with wireless serial modems and multiple PC's

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Wed Oct 13 08:26:06 MST 2004

If I could ask a question about a unique asterisk implementation.

If I wanted to take a BOXA (master) and connect 10 or20 other boxes (slaves)
all running asterisk with the connection being wireless IP using serial
modems. Is this likely to work?
I am not trying to have MANY conversations going. definetly less than 4.

The other part to this question is if in fact it does work then can I
also set it up
so having a phone connected to the master and calling an extension that
all the slaves
automatically would be connected at one time and what ever is spoken on
the master be broadcasted
to all slaves and sent out that machines local speaker port or console port.
Perhaps this might be a conference call that is setup or something else
I'm not aware of.
How would that be done?

Jerry