[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk VIA SSH Tunnels

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Wed Oct 13 05:07:02 MST 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Jason Price wrote:

> dont think you understood the posters question.. he was asking if *
> could be run over a ssh tunnel. not running admin commands via ssh
> cli.

Which I have done, and it does work, more or less.

However - tunelling UDP over SSH which uses TCP is not a good thing.  All
TCP's retransmission stuff causes major trouble for the IAX/RTP stream,
and looks like lots of jitter.

It'll probably be OK provided the underlying network is good quality, no
or minimal packet loss and no congestion.

Steve