[Asterisk-Users] Where is the cheapest place to buy grandstreamphones ?.

Wed Oct 13 04:41:51 MST 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 13:21:32 +0200, Robert Rozman <rozman at fri.uni-lj.si> wrote:

> is there any more info about securing IAX calls or better said remote iax
> extensions ? I feel much more comfortable using IAX.

I presume you mean to say you want to encrypt the calls so they cannot
be eavesdropped on while in transit.

There is both preparation and intend to encrypt IAX streams directly
on the server, but this has not been implemented yet.

In the meantime you'd just send your IAX calls through a VPN tunnel.
The tunnel doesn't care what kind of data is sent through. Any IP
traffic goes. Well, multicast stuff doesn't travel that well through
tunnels, but that's another story altogether anyway and for the
purpose of VoIP it can safely be ignored.

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.