[Asterisk-Users] SIP peers in MySQL Database

Bill Seddon bill.seddon at lyquidity.com
Wed Oct 13 03:17:25 MST 2004

I'm sure you've considered it, but having distributed asterisk services
dependent upon one instance of SQL Server at remote location always being
available seems a weak point in the design.  If the SQL Server node is not
available, all asterisk users will be affected.

Have you considered using one master sql server instance with local msde
instances (no license issues) and use replication services to ensure each
slave copy is updated as needed?  It may make for a more robust solution in
a multi-node environment.