[Asterisk-Users] Cisco IOS SIP mime 1.0

Emilio Panighetti emilio at dorial.com
Tue Oct 12 23:11:56 MST 2004

I ran into the same problem until I found the answer:

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-March/040488.html

Either you have 'signaling forward unconditional' inside voice service
voip or in a dial-peer.

IPTel SEMS, Asterisk and many other SIP Implementations (including IP
Phones from Zyxel and Grandstream among others) don't understand SIP
Messages with MIME encapsulation. Cisco does this when it has too much
information to send (i.e., additional signaling info, specially if your
gateway is ISDN or SS7), and most SIP stacks don't implement that.

Regards,
E.