[Asterisk-Users] SNOM 200 availability

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Tue Oct 12 18:36:06 MST 2004

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Mark Phillips wrote:

> I had a rather unpleasant bait and switch episode with Atacomm today.
> They advertise on their website (and indeed quoted me for) the Snom 200
> for $269 which, when I came to place an order for 15 of them, they
> didn't have but would like to replace with the 220 at $379.
>
> They came up with some crap about Snom not shipping the 200 currently to
> the US but that I could have them in January. Has anyone heard this to
> be the case? What about other suppliers?

I talked with the guys at Atacomm, and NetxUSA about the SNOM 200.
Apparently, SNOM has temporarily stopped production of the SNOM 200 model,
and instead replaced it with the SNOM 190. The problem is that the SNOM
200 supports POE, but the 190 does not. SNOM claims that they will be
manufacturing more SNOM 200 units.

I certainly hope so, as the SNOM 200 is a great phone. All other things
aside, if I'm going to spend $269 on a phone though, it had better support
Power Over Ethernet.

So, SNOM, if you are listening, please keep in mind that the PolyCom
SoundPoint IP-500 is right in your market space, has a great speakerphone,
supports POE and is cheaper. If you are going to produce more 200's,
consider dropping 30% off the price, or you just might find yourselve's
shut out of the market.

                             KP-216-121-ST