[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk 1.0 RPMS RH73 and RH9

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Tue Oct 12 18:21:28 MST 2004

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Pete Brown wrote:

> Greg,
> Which kernel are you using?  I have two machines at home and the zaptel
> kernel module only runs properly on one of them...
>
> The P-3 box worked...
> kernel-2.4.20-30.9.i686.rpm

RH73 Zaptel Modules are built against:

2.4.20_28.7.i386

RH9 Zaptel Modules are built against:

2.4.20_31.9.i386

> The Athlon did not...
> kernel-2.4.20-31.9.athlon.rpm
>
> Both machines were updated on the same day (apt-get) and for the most part
> have the same packages.  Has anyone made any headway on this?

This is one of the issues w/ Zaptel. It has to be built for a specific
kernel and architecture, so without maintaining every possible combination
of kernel and OS, you are actually better off to just build the SRPM on
your reference development platform.

                             KP-216-121-ST