[Asterisk-Users] Slackware 10.0/Asterisk 1.0 compile error

David McNett nugget at slacker.com
Tue Oct 12 17:10:50 MST 2004

On 13-Oct-2004, Dee Lowndes wrote:
> If you compiled 0.9.1 on the same system make sure you remove all old
> source dir's, /var/lib/asterisk and that X is installed. I did this and
> it all installed perfectly well on my slack 10 system.

I also had this same problem with slackware 10.  Slackware 10 ignorantly
installs the gtk2 libs even when you've opted not to install X11.  This
alone wouldn't be a problem, but the asterisk makefiles use the presence
of gtk2 to determine whether or not to build the X11 components.

I just took the lazy way out (hey -- it's slackware, right?) and installed
the X libs on the box.  That's all it took.

--
David McNett <nugget at slacker.com>
http://slacker.com/~nugget/