[Asterisk-Users] Am I stupid or is my card DOA.?

niles at atheos.net niles at atheos.net
Tue Oct 12 13:14:35 MST 2004

On Oct 12, 2004, at 12:55 PM, gcirino at cirelle.com wrote:

> I have seen this behaviour as well with the t100p and tdm04b. I have
> to power down, reboots don't work.   For cards as pricey as these
> you would think they would flush / refresh on a reboot.
>
> ps. still trying to get the t100p to work in a data/voice
> environment with little or no luck or documentation (I've got all
> the google and voip docs) still no luck.
>
> Regards
> Greg
>

>> On 11-Oct-2004, Alex Barnes wrote:
>>> I had/have exactly the same problem with my X100P / TDM400P dev
>>> setup.
>>
>> I'm also having exactly the same problem with a TDM400P I received
>> yesterday.  I'm starting to suspect that seeing it work after
>> swapping
>> PCI slots is a placebo effect.  Without moving the card it randomly
>> seems
>> to "work" about half the time.
>>
>> I have yet to successfuly get Asterisk to utilize the card, even on
>> boots where the modules successfully load, but that might be
>> misconfiguration on my part.
>>
>> I plan to call Digium for help either today or tomorrow.
>>
>> --
>> David McNett <nugget at slacker.com>
>> http://slacker.com/~nugget/

I had this exact same problem with my new TDM400P I just received last
week.
It's very inconvenient not to be able to restart my phone server
remotely, due to
the TDM400P not restarting.
I was able to successfully reboot my system earlier without
cold-booting the server
by unloading the zaptel modules before restarting the system.
You will will to unload the modules in the opposite order that you
loaded them, and may
want to place them low in your /etc/rc.d/rc.K file (in slackware) for
automation.
(example for rc.K)

# unload zaptel modules on shutdown.
# asterisk should not be running when this occurs

/sbin/modprobe -r wcfxs
/sbin/modprobe -r xct1xxp
/sbin/modprobe -r zaptel

I haven't tested this extensively, but it has worked the one time I
tested it.

Niles