[Asterisk-Users] SIP Connection to a Cisco AS5xxx gateway

Emilio Panighetti emilio at dorial.com
Tue Oct 12 13:14:32 MST 2004

Hello,

Does anybody have any experience connecting Asterisk to a Cisco gateway?
I'm trying to terminate calls into this gateway, and then route
incoming DID numbers from the gateway into Asterisk.
So far, Asterisk sends the call to the gateway, and it connects the
call, but there's no audio. I'm using the Cisco gateway with IOS
12.3.10T, connecting as SIP, no registration, and as clients I tried
different SIP Phones including Cisco ATA (which connects to the gateway
just fine without using asterisk), Gandstream ATA and the console. They
all communicate to each other through SIP, but not to the Cisco
gateway. I'm using g.711uLaw as the codec to talk to the gateway.

Thanks,
E.