[Asterisk-Users] Detect phone pickup, caller ID AGI

Kevin DeGraaf kevin at kevindegraaf.net
Tue Oct 12 11:11:00 MST 2004

Hello all,

I have Asterisk running as a simple voicemail server.  I don't have any
FXS ports, IAX/SIP clients, anything like that, just an X100P attached
to my phone line in parallel with a number of "normal" phones.

I have a Wait(18) command in my dialplan which works fine; Asterisk
picks up after four rings and proceeds to record voice mail.  However,
if I pick up one of the "regular" phones, Asterisk still proceeds.

Can my X100P/Asterisk solution detect a phone pickup and abort, just
like a "normal" answering machine would do?

Also, is it possible to set up the dialplan such that an AGI is always
called, regardless of whether another phone is ever picked up, as soon
as Caller ID data is available (via a method more elegant than a Wait
statement)?

(I'm interested in having MythTV display the Caller ID information upon
an incoming call, as soon as Asterisk has decoded it.)

--
Kevin DeGraaf