[Asterisk-Users] ZyXEL P2602HW (WiFi + ATA Router)

Aaron Clauson aza_rc at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 08:57:24 MST 2004

Hi,

Has anyone had any luck getting one of the new ZyXEL
P2602HW routers working with *??

These units look good on paper: DSL modem, 802.11g, 4
Port Ethernet, 2 x ATA plus all the bells and whistles
in the firmware.

It has 2 different SIP clients built in and I was able
to get them registered to * and make outgoing calls
but couldn't get them to answer calls (yes it's behind
NAT and yes I have Grandstreams and softphones working
fine behind the same NAT).

I also noticed after making a call it started sending
RTCP sender report packets back to * on what looked
like an infinite loop. At this stage I turned it off.

The price point is fairly high - more then a WiFi
router + ATA - so I can't see it being too popular.
Nevertheless these type of units could make life a lot
easier for us VoIP provider folks that want to give
customers a single box. Maybe version 2...

Aaron