[Asterisk-Users] * as sip proxy

Brian Wilkins brian at hcc.net
Tue Oct 12 04:44:54 MST 2004

I think you mean SIP Gateway. You can forward the SIP off to a SIP Provider by
specifiying it in your sip.conf file as :

[mysipprovider-out]
type=peer
secret=password
username=2345
host=something.hcc.net
fromuser=2345
nat=no

then in your extensions.conf file:

i.e.

exten => _9.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@mysipprovider-out,20,r)

On Tuesday 12 October 2004 03:28 pm, m. smadi wrote:
> sip users can register with *.  Now, is it possible to relay the sip
> signalling thru * the same way as sip proxies?
>
> m. smadi
>
> Benjamin on Asterisk Mailing Lists wrote:
> >On 08 Oct 2004 18:07:25 -0400, m. smadi <smadi at power.eng.mcmaster.ca>
wrote:
> >>i am used to using sip express router as sip proxy, but i know that *
> >>has a similar functionality.
> >
> >Asterisk is not a SIP proxy. It acts as a SIP user agent.
> >
> >>Is there a place where can do scripting to trap or perform procedure
> >>on methods in * similar to the ser.cfg file in ser?
> >
> >/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf
> >
> >rgds
> >benjk

Heritage Communications Corporation