[Asterisk-Users] rfc3389 support in chan_sip?

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Tue Oct 12 06:52:06 MST 2004

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:

> hi
>
> with silence suppression enabled I get these:
>
> Oct 12 15:45:55 NOTICE[1104014256]: rtp.c:289 process_rfc3389: RFC3389
> support incomplete.  Turn off on client if possible
>
> is rfc3389 support planned?

I don't know if it's planned, but one of the features required to ever
support RFC3389 is getting Asterisk to get it's timing for RTP from
something other than the incoming RTP stream.  I think there's a bounty
for that.  Check the mailing list archive.  The messages are recent
enough they may not have been indexed by google yet.