[Asterisk-Users] divert if not here

el Flynn el_flynn at lanvik-icu.com
Tue Oct 12 02:40:06 MST 2004

Altus Syman wrote:
> Good day all
> We have a pbx system running sip and sipphone(Bughtone)
> My question is.If a user is not at their desk,how do I tell it if a call
> comes in it should direct it to someone else
> Do I need a different phone for this?The only other way is that they
> have to switch it off and in my dialplan on stem 2 I will have to say go
> to that user?
> Please give advice on this
> Thaks
> Altus

You could do this a few ways:

1. Dialing multiple phones simultaneously

exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Dial(SIP/phone-1&SIP/phone2&SIP/phone3)
exten => s,3,................

2. Dialing multiple phones sequentially

exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Dial(SIP/phone-1)
exten => s,3,Dial(SIP/phone-2)
exten => s,3,Dial(SIP/phone-3)

3. Pickup groups
If you specify your callgroups and pickupgroups properly (check the Wiki
on the sip.conf configuration file for more info), your SIP users should
be able to pick up the incoming call by dialing *8

Hope this helps.

Flynn