[Asterisk-Users] cannot hear voice from phone

xf du dxf19632000 at yahoo.com.cn
Mon Oct 11 22:07:30 MST 2004

el Flynn <el_flynn at lanvik-icu.com> wrote:
xf du wrote:
> I just installed a Asterisk PBX,and want to test with it.
> I have two IP-Phones,and they can call eachother use Asterisk.
> Now my question is:
> when the phone call connected,I can't hear any voice from the phone.I don't know why.
> I have no sound-card in my PC,is it must required?

A sound card is required if you're doing stuff like testing the dialplan
using the CLI and want to hear the audio messages being played.
Otherwise it's not a strict requirement to have one in your * box.

Perhaps there is a codec mismatch? You might want to check that the SIP
phones are using codecs that are allowed in your sip.conf file.

In any case you might want to start asterisk in verbose mode (asterisk
-vvvvvvc) to see what's going on. That might help you get started in
fixing the problem.

Flynn

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit:

Thank you,

My codec is G711a,when it mismatch,I can't connect the other phone,so i think it is correct now.

by the way, i can't hear the voicemail too.

150万曲MP3疯狂搜,带您闯入音乐殿堂
美女明星应有尽有,搜遍美图、艳图和酷图
1G就是1000兆,雅虎电邮自助扩容!