[Asterisk-Users] New Mailbox

Seth Remington sremington at saberlogic.com
Mon Oct 11 20:52:04 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 23:43, Joseph wrote:
> When I create a new mailbox number in
> /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default
>
> Do I have to copy any message files in there?
> I've noticed that * originally crated a sample mailbox number 1234 and
> there are two files: busy.gsm and unavail.gsm
>
> Are these files being plaid when with ex. Voicemail(u1234) command?
> Do I copy these two files to a new mailbox when I create one?

You should never have to do anything other then set up your voicemail
boxes in your config files correctly. Asterisk will automatically create
the proper directory the first time a voicemail is left. Allison will
walk you through recording busy and unavailable messages once you have
logged into your mailbox. Just follow the prompts.

-Seth

--
Seth Remington
SaberLogic, LLC