[Asterisk-Users] TTS via text2wave

Paul Dugas Paul at DugasEnterprises.com
Mon Oct 11 20:36:23 MST 2004

Donny Kavanagh said:
> I was refering to cacheing the generated wave files so they didn't have
> to be created everytime.

Oh, I guess that's what I'm trying tinkering with.  Certainly generating
the in advance would save CPU but I'm wonering just how much CPU it takes.

> Is this possible?

Anything's possible in software, right? ;)  My initial attempt was to
generate them on the fly and I don't think I'm running into a CPU issue.
Could always throw more hardware at the issue to improve it to a point.
Doing it on the fly avoids a secondary task that maintains the speech
files that may be required and I was avoiding that approach to start.

Still, I'm wondering what's wrong with my attempt.

Paul

--
Paul A. Dugas                               Dugas Enterprises, LLC
email: paul at dugasenterprises.com            1711 Indian Ridge Drive