[Asterisk-Users] SIP peers in MySQL Database

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Mon Oct 11 14:47:12 MST 2004

res_config stores an entire *.conf file into a table. This is known as
'static' under the new RealTime method. The load_realtime and
update_realtime methods will select info from a table where each column is a
possible field in the conf file. For example, if a section of your sip.conf
file looked like this:

[bob]
hostname=dynamic
nat=yes
type=user

Then your associated sip table would have at least the following columns: (I
say at least because my sip table has over 30 columns, 1 for each possible
sip configuration)

name
hostname
nat
type

Look at docs/README.extconfig for more examples.

If you REALLY want to start messing with it now, the only 'official' driver
for RealTime is for ODBC. The only 'known' MySQL RealTime driver was written
by myself over the weekend. Find it here:

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0002613

I say 'known' because nobody else has claimed responsibility for
writing/creating one for MySQL. Hopefully, I am now that person. =)

If you use it, please pass on any bugs, and/or successes to me off list.

Thanks,
Matthew