[Asterisk-Users] voicemail attachment volume

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Oct 11 12:17:52 MST 2004

> > Is there a fix/patch that can be applied to allow the voicemails to be
> > recorded LOUDER?  I would like to go live with my Asterisk system, but
> > this is a major problem.
>
> Its not asterisk that's the problem I suspect.  If you get low recordings
> you need to look into using app_test to help find them.
>
> bkw

It "is" asterisk, and recreating the problem has been documented and
provided to Mark. He wanted one of the digium folks to lab it. Mark
sent an email a few weeks ago that indicated he seen some unbelievable
results from a test app that Russell (?) wrote. But, nothing has been
heard since and the bug is still open.

Lots of folks have the problem, and it seems to be related to voicemail
messages being recorded/played via the tdm/x100 cards. Has nothing to
do with setting rxgain/txgain either.

Rich