[Asterisk-Users] Unattended call transfer with IAX softphone or IAXy?

Mon Oct 11 11:00:07 MST 2004

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 19:37:19 +0200, Michael Bielicki <cypromis at gmail.com> wrote:
> if you use anthm's patch to app_dial practically any client can use
> attended transfers via configurable key.

Ah, now we're getting somewhere ...

Are you saying that the IAX protocol has no built-in message that
initiates an attended call transfer?

I am not that much interested in any patches because I am only
documenting IAX call scenarios in form of call flow charts. The charts
are for a phone manufacturer to complete IAX firmware for their phones
and also Frank Miller want to use them in his IAX specification
document.

If indeed there is no attended call transfer built in to the IAX
protocol, then there is no call flow chart for it and that's fine --
less work to do ;-)

I have already captured the unattended transfer but got confused
because Mark keeps insisting that attended call transfers are based on
IAX route transfers where two IAX hosts talking through a third host
change the route to end up talking to each other directly without the
third host.

I was thus thinking about how I could set up some test scenario with
IAX clients in order to capture the session transcript while doing an
attended transfer.

So, what you do reckon, do I just tell them there is no such thing as
an attended call transfer in IAX?

thanks
rgds
benjk