[Asterisk-Users] FWD incomming CALL won't authenticate in SIP

Beau Walker bjdag at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 11 07:28:39 MST 2004

Hi List,

I've successfully got Asterisk up and running, can make out going calls
fine, It can also register FWD OK, but when a Call comes in from outside it
is rejected with this message.

Oct 11 09:09:40 NOTICE[98310]: chan_sip.c:7175 handle_request: Failed to
authenticate user 499xxx<sip:499xxx at fwd.pulver.com>;tag=a41e8548

However if I make a setting in the sip.conf called the FWD incomming number
it works fine. It just means I can receive calls unless I put them in my
sip.conf like this

[499xxx] ;a friends FWD number
type=user
nat=yes
host=dynamic
context=fwd-inbound
canreinvite=no
qualify=yes
insecure=yes

here is my SIP.conf

register => 499yyy:passyyy at fwd.pulver.com/499yyy

[fwd] ; inbound connections from FWD
type=user
nat=yes
host=dynamic
context=fwd-inbound
canreinvite=no
qualify=yes
insecure=yes

[fwd-499yyy] ; make outbound calls with this
type=friend
secret=xxxxx
username=499yyy
host=fwd.pulver.com