[Asterisk-Users] Re: SIP peers in MySQL Database

Arnaud Pignard apignard at frontier.fr
Mon Oct 11 07:17:49 MST 2004

No , i use unixODBC on several application/servers.

but as you said :
4. It's not much slower than native DB drivers. (15-33% slower)

I have never done any bench about it. So i can't make any argumentation on
it and seems you have done some bench.
However add unixODBC on the middle won't be faster.

Let's see future usage realtime external, and imagine all configuration
(extension ...) in database on busy server. I would prefer have native
mysql driver to reduce load than unixODBC.

For most asterisk installation, i agree, unixODBC will fit perfectly.