[Asterisk-Users] Intel Modem vs Digium Cards

Mon Oct 11 00:48:09 MST 2004

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:23:54 +0200, Dave Cotton
<dcotton at linuxautrement.com> wrote:
> No Steve, He works for NASA. :)

hilarious :-)

This reminds me of an anecdote I'd like to share ...

After WWII, US Army officials set new values for measurement units in
defeated Japan. At some point they came to a unit "Yen", the character
of which can also be translated into "circle" when taken out of its
monetary context. The army officials quickly concluded that the new
value for the unit "circle" should be 360 degrees and so the
Yen-Dollar exchange rate was fixed at 360 yen to the dollar.

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.